Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pretty Much a Perfect Weekend

So this weekend was pretty fantastic. You know, one of those weekends where everything just seems to fall nicely into place, and time goes by just slow enough to allow you to forget that yet another Monday is fast approaching.

Friday I met some friends after work for dinner on the patio of a really fun restaurant. And after a delicious dinner and margarita we made our way to another patio to hang out for the rest of the night. The weather was fantastic and the place was packed. Despite having not one, but TWO drinks accidentally thrown at my feet (and a nicely bruised elbow that was the result of a flying drink scaring me so much that I gracefully slammed by elbow into the corner of the stair rail I was leaning against) it was a really fun night!

Saturday my dear friend Suzy and I took a leisurely 4 mile walk around White Rock Lake - which is a nice little escape from downtown Dallas. Its amazing how easy it is to feel far away from the big city when you are surrounded by real nature, and not the kind that is manufactured with a few planted trees and a nicely placed flower or two. After getting some serious exercise it was only fitting to negate all of the afore mentioned exercise with a burger, fries, and chocolate milkshake from Braums. Because sometimes the craving just hits. And who am I to tell that craving that is not worthy of being satisfied? And nothing completes a nice meal like an hour long nap. So thats exactly what I did when I got home. I woke up in time to take a shower and head back over to Suzy's house where we had some wine, baked a pizza, watched a movie, and made Oreo cake balls. Does it really get much better than that? I mean I guess we could have thrown a cuddly puppy in the mix, but all in all it was pretty perfect.

Sunday I tried out a church that I have been wanting to go back to for a couple of months then had a nice afternoon of reading and grocery shopping. Then it was off to Melinda and Jeff's house to enjoy an amazing cook-out in the amazing weather in their newly finished amazing patio. Good friends and good food. Once again, it just doesn't get much better than that.

So now its time to get some sleep and welcome the new week, although I will do so begrudgingly. At least I have had a fantastic weekend to start me off on the right foot. I cant think of much that could have been better, unless we could have gotten our hands on that cuddly puppy...

No comments:

Post a Comment