Saturday, September 11, 2010

To Whom it May Concern

Dear Internal Revenue Service,

I would formally like to issue a complaint against you. I would like to tell you that I do not appreciate you demanding that corporations pay you tax. I do not appreciate you deciding that they should all pay this aforementioned tax by the same day. And I certainly do not appreciate you insisting that all of those complicated tax laws, rules, and regulations be followed.

You see, it is because of you that I currently have no life [See Exhibit A]. I am officially declaring social bankruptcy because my life does not exist outside of preparing tax returns for this terrible September 15th deadline you have set. And due to this bankruptcy I think it goes without saying that I will not have the money to pay any taxes of my own this year.

Do you see the situation you have created? You have only yourself to blame.

Not so warm regards,
Jennifer

Exhibit A: I would like you to take notice that this complaint was issued at 10:30 on a Saturday night. Just think about that one for a bit.

1 comment:

  1. A very well written and justifiable complaint!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete